Tuesday, July 14, 2015

T.N.T. - AC/DC

So, I need to be honest. I used to love this band. Maybe not like as much as I love other bands but I much as I could in 8th Grade, I even bought and thought Black Ice was cool. Though I did buy every Aerosmith CD in 8th grade..... Ok I really loved this bands hits. That's very accurate, and to not bore you anymore I'll leave it at that. Now as I've gotten older, and my tastes have expanded, I can revisit this and be more objective (mostly because I feel Nostalgia isn't all that good when you can't look past it). They recently added all the albums to Spotify, thought I prefer to listen to the Australian versions, and I need to be real right now. Now before this revisiting there was a point where I hated this band, I hated how everything wast the same. But the good thing is that this revisiting has helped me, so...... This is the sophomore album by Australian Hard Rock band AC/DC. Now I hope I don't need to get into details about theses guys, but they have been around since 1973, the formed in Australia but are actually Scottish. This album was only released exclusively in Australia. These guys have a history of their 70's albums being different in Australia, then elsewhere. These include artwork, track listing, song edits and so on, some even have different release year (ie. High Voltage 1975 Australia, 1976 everywhere else, or even better yet Dirty Deeds 1976 Australia, 1977 UK, 1981 US).
  1. It's A Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock N Roll): This song is a good song, and honestly I really can't hate this song, there isn't anything to hate. It's not the rock epic or story I feel it wants to be (for me at least), but it's solid and a great intro to the album. Also it's one of two track that has Bagpipes and I don't want to fucking slaughter the player of the pipes. It's a fun track and I mean it pays homage to their homeland. And I also like, I'm part Scottish, so I'm glad someone finally figured out how to do 
  2. Rock 'n' Roll Singer: This song is basically the same structure as the better High Voltage. Its a really dumb song, but it's kinda good in a sense. It's good in that it's whole hearted and you can tell. I mean really some of the worst bad movies are enjoyable because they have a human heart and the care for them. If you can tell the person tried and just didn't succeed it's endearing. The albums full of tracks that aren't exactly like that but you can tell they cared. And even thought the structure here is kinda dumb I still dig this track. It's kinda more of a shut my brain off and get into the rebellious rockin' spirit this best holds it's grips on me the nice thing. The nice thing about this track, as with most you can play in your head. I hadn't heard it in like a few years and I still played it in my head.
  3. The Jack: The highlight of the track is the chorus. And I do like how the song is about well.... hopefully you'll get it from the lyrics. I mean this song isn't that different room certain tracks, but I still think it's good. And while the chorus is very similar to to what drove me nuts on Darkness, I can let this slide.... somewhat.
  4. Live Wire: This song isn't that diverse from a Rock N Roll Singer but you know, with a chorus similar to Long Way to the Top. And a solo break, like sole guitar, that reminds me of an intro to a, fuck I"m drawing a blank. The solo here is pretty solid.
  5. T.N.T.: One of the fucking stupidest songs I know. I'm not even gonna use proper grammar that's how dumb it is. It's making me dumber. If I could have anything to say to the group for this song I'd say this, "Mr. Scott and company, what you've just played is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent chant were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought or even enjoyable. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
  6. Rocker: This is one of four track's I didn't remember before the review. And the second it played I remembered it. And it's really just a standard rocker. Its very reminiscent of Long Tall Sally. This is probably the best example of how I feel about this album. It's good, memorable, but not all that bad for you. And probably essential for all beginning rock and roll stars.
  7. Can I Sit Next to You Girl: A rerecorded version of the first single the released the gear prior. The single featured their original singer, and was the only release to feature him. I dig the little , dun da dun dun dun dun things. It reminds me of a Thin Lizzy's track that's gonna drive me crazy until I remember it. I feel like it might be Black Rose or S&M. This has a cool solo, but the whole build up after the refrain I'm not feeling like at all. Also I looked up the track it is Rosin Dubh (Black Rose): A Rock Legend. One of my favorite songs ever. It's pretty solid thought, but I'm curious about the 74 single.
  8. High Voltage: This is kinda of another dumb song, but here its not that dumb. As mentioned earlier you can hear the care. Its still got a kick ass chorus, and is still a solid song. 
  9. School Days: A Berry cover, you know the restaurant owner who recorded the audio of the women's bathroom to hear their shit and farts. I bring it up because its kinda funny, and also because I've used that word a lot so I it only naturally connected to my logical thinking. Anyway....... This sounds more like a blues track off the debut to me. It really honestly isn't anything that's that special. Hell this is probably the worst track here, just because it's boring. At least the track that shall not be named doesn't put you to sleep. And people genuinely seem to like that song a lot. Thought based off the original... it ain't no Brown Eyed Handsome Man or 
Overall I have to give this album a 7.5/10. So it goes, for not complete shit, this isn't half bad. It's fun to listen to, engaging, higher energy and they're into it. It doesn't sound like they keep reusing the exact same formula to write an album, for this one. Though, in reality, this is kinda were they became AC/DC. I really can't complain about most of these songs. Their solid enough to where they are what they are and confident enough to not mess with. Also I revisited the Aussie Let There Be RockHigh Voltage and Dirty Deeds and honestly, they ain't half bad, some even great albums. But after that they only go down hill. Fuck Powerage and anything following, thought it isn't really that bad for you. This is fun to listen to, and really disappointing Shit In Shack is theirs and one of the best selling records of all time. NOTE: I will review their other Aussie version of their albums, and prossibly their third most famous album.

No comments:

Post a Comment