Tuesday, December 11, 2012

¡Tré! - Green Day

I have done Green Day's ''trilogy'' albums ¡Uno!¡Dos! and now ¡Tré!. The last two I wasn't huge on. I wasn't expecting to love, or even like this one. I'm not being debby downer, but I didn't expect much of this. Also I think that I'm just gonna try to do 5 a month. I want to do 10 a month, but I'm gonna at least get 5. This is also the longest of the 3, at 44 minutes. the second longest, is the first and it's 41, and the second is 36.
  1. Brutal Love: This song starts out with arpeggios. It kind of sounds like a lullaby. This song kind of fits Christmas, December time. This isn't anything special, but I do like that they have horns in this song. It's nicer than "Kill the Fucking DJ". If if was on the radio I might leave it to hear it.
  2. Missing You: This just sounds like a song from one of the last two. Maybe more so ¡Dos!. I don't think this is anything that I'd probably want to listen to just by choice. So to say
  3. 8th Avenue Serenade: This song reminds me of ¡Uno!. But at the same time this doesn't really sound like Green Day to me. The lyrics might be more like "adolescent" but, I'm a Youth and I think that he kind of should sing about more mature stuff.
  4. Drama Queen: This song isn't that bad, but it's too mellow to be Green Day.
  5. X-Kid: I don't know.... ewh.
  6. Sex, Drugs & Violence: I hope this song isn't as ''cool'' as it's title, that'd be mind blowing. This is a stupid song title. I don't know, whatever. I'm kind of spacing out a little. I kind of just want this to be over. :(
  7. Little Boy Named Train: ..............
  8. Amanda: Billie really has something for naming songs after girls who's names start with A or something. This is better than the last few.
  9. Walk Away: The riff reminds me, a little in the beginning, of Sweet Jane by The Velvet Underground off, I believe, 1968's? Loaded. This song isn't horrible, but maybe that's just the Sweet Jane in my head.
  10. Dirty Rotten Bastards: This song title reminds me of Johnny Cash's song Dirty Old Egg-Sucking Dog off, the only album that I know that it's off, Folsom Prison. FUCK NO! IT"S 6 MINUTES LONG!!!!!! This song isn't so bad at the start. It kind of has a little of the same feeling as Brutal Love. And the tempo changed. :) The Bass riff :), by far, on these three albums, the closest to Green Day I think I've heard. :) This song kicks ass. {8/10} :)
  11. 99 Revolutions: This song isn't a let down, its just a "¡Dos!" ahahahahaha!
  12. The Forgotten: This isn't that bad of a song either. The piano is actually pretty cool. It's like their version of Let it Be.
Overall I have to give this a 6/10. I don't like hating on this band, but I just wanted to give them chance. I'm not a hating on Green Day, I just want to be able to say that they have a few songs that I like, beside the few off Dookie. I kind of think that, along with almost every 80's heavy metal band, time to throw in the towel and call it quits. Track 10 & 12, maybe there's a ray of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment