Friday, September 21, 2012

¡Uno! - Green Day

This is the new Green Day album, titled ¡Uno!. It is also the first of three albums coming out between September, 2012 and January, 2013. I did this review, thought I'm not a Green Day fan, but because I knew it would be a quick review. And also I could check this new album out. This album was produced by Rob Cavallo. That guy also did Eisley's 2005 full length Room Noises, and Paramore's 2009 Brand New Eyes.
  1. Nuclear Family: This album, thus far, isn't that bad. I don't really like or dig it, but It's not terrible. It's Green Day. It's Ok, I'm not obsessed with it. I don't think it's anything special.
  2. Stay The Night: So far on this album this is more quiet than the Green Day I know. The one I know is more Punky, this is more like a 90's album, not really punk, but more like. I don't exactly know how to explain it. It's more toned down. It actually kind of reminds me a little of The Cure.
  3. Carpe Diem: This song is, I could picture these songs being on the radio. But even if they weren't Green Day songs.
  4. Let Yourself Go: This song starts out sounding a little like the song Highway Star off 1972's Machine Head by the legendary Deep Purple. I don't think the "Fuck" in this song is necessarily needed. But this song is louder and faster than the past 3.
  5. Kill The DJ: This is such a stretch. This isn't really anything I could have pictured them doing. I guess it's a kind of funny song. But It's not at the same time. I think that it's a decent. But "Shoot The Fucking DJ". Seriously. :(
  6. Fell For You: This song didn't really make up for the kind of disappointment from the last song.
  7. Loss Of Control: WHY DO YOU SWEAR. ONLY SWEAR IF IT MAKES A FEELING OR BRINGS A POINT ACROSS. I LIKED YOU SWEARING ON AMERICAN IDIOT MORE THAN ON THIS! Songs like this ruin the power of a curse word.
  8. Troublemaker: I could see this being a Weezer song. It's funny, they have a song titled Troublemaker off 2008's The Red Album.
  9. Angel Blue: I'm not even going to take this song seriously. "Fucking"
  10. Sweet 16: If he swears then I think that I might tune the rest of this album out. This song kind of reminds me of These Animals. Actually, this whole album reminds me of These Animals EP. That song wasn't terrible.
  11. Rusty James: This song could be a song that some New York indie band made.
  12. Oh Love: This is the last song. I don't care for this one much.
Overall I have to give this a 5/10. I feel like I will probably give any album by these guys that. I didn't really enjoy this, but I didn't not. I didn't really hate it. I read about this album, and what Billie Joe said about this album and he said that they were going for more of a Early Beatles and something else kind of sound. I can see that, in a way. But I don't like it because of that. Billie needs to wash his mouth out, or at least know how to swear for emotional reasons. Curse words are supposed to being forth an emotion. He didn't even come close to even showing an emotion with that word. Listen to Avenged Sevenfold's title track to the 2010 album Nightmare. It's not you're nightmare "Its Your Fucking Nightmare". There is emotion brought with the way he delivers that, but not Billie. It's almost like it wouldn't make a difference if he even swore or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment