Thursday, September 20, 2012

Hats Off To The Bull - Chevelle

This is the sixth album by Illinois Alternative Metal band Chevelle. I heard of them before, but not until my cousin's boyfriend burned this CD on my computer. This group has been around since 1995, the year I was born. I don't know what more to say. I think that the album art is Ok, but I'm not huge on it.
  1. Face To The Floor: This song kind of starts out like something that reminds me of Disturbed. Which now that I think of it, they formed around the same time Disturbed did, and they are both from Chicago. I hope that the album isn't like this. It kind of also, in a way of Tool. I don't know if that makes any sense to anyone but me, but that's what I kind of hear.
  2. Same Old Trip: The beginning of the song the guy's voice kind of reminds me of Max Bemis of Say Anything. What I've heard by them I'm not huge on. But I've also only heard a song or three by Say Anything. I think that this is like Disturbed. I don't honestly think I could tell the difference between this or the last song.
  3. Ruse: There is a riff that kind of sounds like Egyptian. I kind of, if you stretched it, like Come Out And Play by The Offspring. I know that's a stretch, but that's kind of... yeah. But only for like a second or two. Then it kind of turns into Radio Metal.
  4. The Meddler: This song flows from the last. The guys vocals sounded like Keith Moon's on Tommy's Holiday Camp off  The Who's 1969 classic Tommy. But that's only for like literally the first two seconds. Then it turns to Disturbed.
  5. Piñata: The riff in this song is kind of cool. Unfortunately, this album kind of drained me too much to like this song. The guys vocals kind of reminds me a little of Serj in this song. This song kind of reminds me a little of Figure it Out off his new album Harakiri. There is a like 20 second thing at the end. I don't think it works for them. 
  6. Envy: This song kind of has a cowboy vibe to it. Nothing Special, at least for me.
  7. Hats Off To The Bull: This hasn't gotten any standing ovations from me.
  8. Arise: At this point I'm just kind of waiting for the album to end. It's not as bad as The Lost Children thought. This song isn't half bad though. {6/10}
  9. Revenge: This song isn't anything amazing. It kind of reminds me a little of 2001's The Sickness.
  10. Prima Donna: This is the second to last song. I could see this being a Say Anything-esque song. It's not terrible.
  11. Clones: I almost wish they switched up these two songs. This is a heavy song. I don't think much of it. I wish the album ended with Prima Donna.
Overall I have to give this a 4/10. I didn't really think of much going into this album. I could see that band playing at Uproar. I went the first 2 years, 2010 & 2011, because of A7X and then them ETF & Black Tide. This band fits on a boat with Disturbed, Three Days Grace, Papa Roach and all the other Radio Metal.... That's an insult. I do like that they are brothers thought. That's kind of cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment