Wednesday, November 14, 2012

¡Dos! - Green Day

I think it's actually pretty funny. Why may you ask, we'll I forgot about the release date of this album. I went to pick up the Trilogy and Music From Another Dimension! and I see the new Green Day album, titled ¡Dos!. It is also the second of three albums coming out between September, 2012 and January, 2013. I did the review of the last one ¡Uno!, and I will probably do one of the next one ¡Tré!
  1. See You Tonight: This is the intro to the album. It's like a minute and a half long. This song kind of reminds me a little of Sublime. Like on the 1998 compilation Acoustic: Bradley Nowell & Friends.
  2. Fuck Time: Really?
  3. Stop When The Red Light Flash: This song wasn't so bad, it kind of reminds me of Know Your Enemy off 2008's 21st Century Breakdown.
  4. Lazy Bones: This is a decent song. I has this surfy vibe that I'm getting from the song. That might just be me, but that's kind of what I'm getting from this song. It also reminds me of These Animals EP.
  5. Wild One: This song reminds me of a Weezer type of song. This is an Ok song. I could see it being on The Blue Album. So far this thing isn't pissing me off like the last one. Either that of Them Animals.
  6. Makeout Party: I didn't really think anything special of this song.
  7. Stray Heart: I could see this song being in a Christmas movie. The song's bass line totally reminds me of Jet's 2003 hit Are You Gonna Be My Girl, off Get Born.
  8. Ashley: I actually couldn't tell the difference between this song and the next song.
  9. Baby Eyes: This is a song I could see being in a Tony Hawk Pro Skater.
  10. Lady Cobra: This song is another song I could see being in that game
  11. Nightlife: This song is way different from the other songs. It has a vocal distortion on it making it sound more ';psychedelic''? There is also a girls voice. I think they were going for a dance floor song.
  12. Wow! That's Loud: This is another song I could see being a Christmas song.
  13. Amy: This song has like finger picked at the beginning. I think it's probably a song that most comparable to These Animals. This song isn't that terrible. I'm not crazy about it, but I think it's ok. It also has that Christmas vibe.
Overall I have to give this a 5/10. I don't like hating on this band, but I just wanted to give them chance. I liked this, but I flew by. Not in a goodway, but more of in a this is kind of boring way. I am going to do the next album though.

No comments:

Post a Comment