Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Forever Ep - Haim

This is the debut release, by the LA band Haim. It is composed of 3 sisters, Este, Alana, and Danielle. They formed in '06 but released their first release in 2012. Now when I first heard of them, I was like they are kind of cute, why not check them out. Then they got bigger and I finally sat down yesterday to listen to this Ep. Damn! I was like, Fuck! These are sisters, they are all sexy, the youngest is only 4 years older than me, they can make good music, and they seem to have decent personalities. So if there is any group to have a crush on, its Haim. And this shows how much I pay attention, they are backing vocals on the track LVL by A$AP Rocky off his debut album Long.Live.A$AP. Actually, Alana, the one on the far left? reminds me a little of Misty Mundae.
  1. Better Off: The beginning of this song reminds me of The Chapin Sisters. This whole song kind of reminds me of them. Minus the "Fucked Me Up" line. I read that theses guys were compared to Fleetwood Mac. I could kind of see that. And with that in mind, this song reminds me a little of The Chain
  2. Forever: Alana, I think she's the singer, well anyway, remind me of Christie off You Make Loving Fun. Beside the vocals though, this song kind of reminds me of like something I would see if I were to watch MTV in the '80s. This is a very fun song. This song is a song that I could imagine listening to over the summer. The Ep was released in July, but still. This song just feels like I could hold a lot of memories of your youth.
  3. Go Slow: As the title suggests, this song is slower than the others. This song reminds me a little of The Police. They way that this seems kind of reggae, but not Bob Marley. Like a hint of it. This isn't my favorite song, but I think it kind of grows on me. This also kind of seems like a song from Lion King with the atmosphere. Idk
  4. Forever (Dan Lissivik Remix): I don't care for this, but it's a remix. So I don't think very much of it, you know.
Overall I have this give this a 8.5/10. I liked this a lot. It was a first time through and I really liked it. I really think that I am going to follow this band. Not only are they sexy, their music is kind of too. Maybe it's just me, but that's me. I WILL buy that iTunes Festival Ep when I get a chance to. I can't wait :) And lets pray to God for a full length sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment