Sunday, March 17, 2013

Rumours - Fleetwood Mac

Well I'm Mid Next Day review so I decided to do another quickie. This is an album that I picked, kind of as a filler while I finish up the review of that album. The reason it's a "filler" is because I already know what I'm gonna give it ahead of time. I could probably do the review off the top of my head. Yes, the album I chose was the one and only Rumors by the one and only Fleetwood Mac. Now I have two copies of this on vinyl. One from Mom and one from a Cousins Husband. This is an awesome album. I could go into the specifics of what was going on, but here's a quick summary. 2nd album with Stevie Nicks (If you don't think she's sexy on that album cover and back then you might as well be gay), and Lindsay Buckingham. They had already broken up, and
  1. Second Hand News: I think that this is a good way to start off the album. I really like the bass line in the song. And the acoustic guitar in the song is pretty cool sounding. This whole album is pretty much based around relationships, but I don't really want to dive into that that much. But I won't want to get the Second Hand News about my relationship and how it might be going the wrong way.
  2. Dreams: This song is sung by Stevie. This song is very dreamy. I could see someone falling in love to this song. Like in a movie. Where someone would daze off and think about the person they have feeling for. It's a pretty song. I'm not huge on this song, mainly cuz I feel like there is too much of a country vibe. But then again Wing's sometimes has a country vibe like this. That's beside the point. But this is a pretty song.
  3. Never Going Back Again: This is Lindsay's. I love this song. This could possibly be in my top 3 for the album. It's kind of like his Blackbird. He plays "sole", McCartney played sole. They both had acoustic guitars. But instead of about Civil Rights stuff in the 60's it's about never going back to that relationship. I love the way it sounds. I would make sex to this song. It's kind of sexy. The strings in the song make it that much  more magical. And his voice is pretty cool. {9/10}
  4. Don't Stop: This is kind of an uplifting song. Don't Stop Believing in yourself. I used to LOVE this song. But then when I heard the entire album it kind of changed a little. This is still a pretty good song, solid bass line, solid drums, sick piano, sick vocals, cool guitar. But I don't think it's as good as I once did. {8/10}
  5. Go Your Own Way: You really can't go wrong with this song. It's about splitting up, but it's one of the heavier tracks on the album. It's also got this guitar distortion in it that I wish I could somehow replicate. Not the playing, just the sound. And I love the acoustic guitar in there too. If you listen for the bass too it's totally worth it. The bass is just as awesome as the acoustic guitar. The solos in this song is solid. If you don't like this band, you think they are too soft, you might like this song. Either that or the title track off the 1979 double album Tusk. {9/10}
  6. Songbird: This is a pretty song. I like the piano/vocal/acoustic guitar. It is a pretty song. I think it's kind of a good follow up to Go Your Own Way and a good ending for side 1.
  7. The Chain: This is one of my other favorite songs. I love this one. This is a heavier track. It kind of, to me, is like the baby version, in a way, of Tusk. This is the beginning of side 2. I love the fuck out this song. The vocals in this song kind of are tight. UGH! It's amazing. I would make sex to this song too. Though there is a country flava to it, I still love it. And I think there is an organ in this song. The organ sounds awesome. The distortion on this song, guitar wise, is even cooler than on Go Your Own Way. Then the bass line in the breakdown. The guitars.... ORGASM! This song is just..... UGH! {10/10}
  8. You Make Loving Fun: This is a fun song. I'm not just saying that, it is. Though it's as "Happy and Fun" as it is I remember seeing the lyrics and they aren't as fun and happy as the song is. It's kind of like a "Don't go, I don't want to leave" because "You made being in love fun" and "I don't know what I can do without you". This is a pretty song. I think that it is an awesome song. I also like the funky guitar in the song. This song also kind of have a little funky vibe at parts. An awesome, awesome song {9/10}
  9. I Don't Want To Know: This song is kind of  like Dreams. In the way that it's got a country vibe to it. The guitar in the beginning reminds me of Pete Townshend's song Let My Love Open The Door and The Who song Amazing Journey off 1969's Tommy. This is another good song. I don't care for it as much as some of the others, but I still do like this song.
  10. Oh Daddy: This song starts out with a kind of Medieval style. There is like a flute in the beginning. This song is soft. It kind of reminds me a little of Rainbow's track Rainbow Eyes off 1978's Long Live Rock N Roll. I like this song a lot. It's really cool. The solo at the ending to the fade is pretty sick with the organ playing.
  11. Gold Dust Woman: I know this songs about Stevie's love for Gold Dust, but I never really cared for this song. I don't know why, but I just am not huge on this song. I like the way the acoustic electric guitar sounds in this song. I mean this is a good ending for this album. But I don't love it. Actually as I'm going through this song, now actually thinking about it, it ain't that bad. With the sitar sounds. That's pretty cool. And how the song gets louder and bigger and then it eventually ends. This is a perfect, a Christie Perfect ending to the album.
Overall I have to give this 1977 classic a 8/10. It's actually kind of funny, I read somewhere it's praised, partially, for the three harmony vocals. That's what helped make Abbey Road so Goddamn! Amazing! And I referenced Never Going Back Again to Blackbird (a Beatles song, not on Abbey Road on 1968's Self titled). I might not be 100% on some of the stories of the songs, but it's more through my eye's, not the bands, so to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment