Friday, March 8, 2013

Phantom Antichrist - Kreator

I was going to review this when it first came out this summer but I didn't like it enough to give it a positive review. My friend asked me to review this for his birthday. So when I realized what album this was I was like SHIT!. But then I went, well that was then, this is now. I'm going to listen to it more open minded and try to think. Sometimes you need more than one listen ah-lah Lulu. So, Here we Go.
  1. Mars Mantra: This is the introduction to the album. It's pretty intresting. It makes me want to hear what the rest of the album will be like. The transition from this song to the title track kind of reminds me a little of The Hellion to Electric Eye. I've been making a bunch of Priest comparisons lately haven't I?
  2. Phantom Antichrist: This is a pretty cool song. I like this song. I think that it sounds like a song that I imagine would be on Nuclear Blast. (quick fact I own Symphony X's 2011 Iconoclast which was released on Nuclear Blast). I like the guitar and I like the crunch of it. Thought I like it, I'm hoping this entire album isn't like this. I heard it in June but don't remember much beside I didn't care for the album first time through. I really like the tone of the guitar in the solo. For some reason it vaguely reminds me of Yngwie's 2008 Perpetual Flame (which I really like).
  3. Death to The World: This song reminds me of, don't Slayer's songs on World Painted Blood or God Hates Us All. I feel like there is a message in this song, but I am more interested in the song. The solo is epic sounding with the dual guitars. It vaguely reminds me a little of Set The World On Fire by Symphony off 2007's Paradise Lost (amazing album).
  4. From Flood Into Fire: I do like this song too. The one thing thought, I fear, is that this will contiue this way. Like the similarity  This song reminds me a little of Dimmu Borgir. The solo also reminds me of the solo in the song Through The Fire And The Flames off Dragonforce's 2006 Inhuman Rampage (I also own that Cd, I go back and forth on it). This is totally a Dragonforce type of song. But less "gay".
  5. Civilization Collapse: This song is pretty cool. I kind of think that it is a total thrash song. But who the fuck doesn't like thrash metal!
  6. United in Hate: The beginning of this song reminds me of The Unforgiven, or Nothing Else Matters. I don't think I need to specify were those are from. It's "Kill 'Em Master of Lightning, For St. Justice". Its on that "For Puppets & All" album, right? You know from 1865.
  7. The Few, The Proud, The Broken: The album is kind of starting to get a little repetitive. I'm not dissing the album, but I wish there was a little more variety. At least there was an acoustic guitar in the last song. I do like the breakdown after the solo though. I really like that guitar tone.Wait I spoke too soon, there it is, the Acoustic guitar. It reminds me a little of Killswitch Engage.
  8. Your Heaven, My Hell: I think it's kind of getting a little repetitive :(
  9. Victory Will Come: I love metal, but sometimes some band's just reuse a sound too much. I still like this song, along with the rest of this album, some songs more than others, but yeah.
  10. Until Our Paths Cross Again: I think that this beginning of the song is kind of a good way to end the album. It kind of gives off a vibe that "Victory Has Come". This is a good ending. :)
Overall I have to say, second time through, this gets a 7.6/10. I enjoyed this more then Meshuggah's ObZen or the little of Koloss I heard. There are some cool guitar tones on this album. I enjoyed this album, but it got a little too repetitive at the end. I think that I would be willing to pick this up on CD. I also need to finish up Pleasure to Kill. Tomorrow will see the uploading of my favorite Bowie album. I should probably do a Judas Priest review too.

No comments:

Post a Comment