Friday, April 26, 2013

Point Of Entry - Judas Priest

This is the seventh album by UK band Judas Priest. I've been meaning to do a review for this band, now, for a while. So I decided to do the album that I've never heard a single song off. You know, I was never really interested in actually listening to this album. Maybe because of the artwork, but also cuz I felt like it might not be anything special. Especially since it's in between their two biggest albums British Steel and Screaming For Vengeance. Now, I'm not saying those are their best, but biggest. They are both good albums, but not my favorite. I like their 70's stuff more, but that's just me.
  1. Heading Out to the Highway: This is a pretty solid beginning. This song kind of reminds me of the last album. But the solo in it is pretty sick. I think that the tone they used for the short solo is pretty sick.
  2. Don't Go: This song sound like an 80's song. This song isn't anything special. I kind of feel, I heard some of the tracks out of order, that this is kind of "Gay?".
  3. Hot Rockin': This song sounds like a Priest song. The chorus of this song is kind of... lame. I'm sorry, but it kind of is. That kind of hurts the song for me. And well, the solo doesn't save the song for me either. :(
  4. Turning Circles: The guitar riff in the beginning of this reminds me of Katy Perry. Really guys, why? I need some Hell Bent For Leather or Electric Eye or Breaking The Law or something like that. This is like a gay version of Living After Midnight. After hearing this more than once, it grows on you, and becomes less gay. This isn't Turbo Lover, but I don't know.
  5. Desert Plains: This song isn't that bad. I don't know why, but I think it's ok.
  6. Solar Angels: The beginning of this song is kind of bringing my faith in the album back. But then when he starts singing it kind of starts to fade away.
  7. Yes Say Yes: :(
  8. All The Way: This song sound like it would be a song that was maybe later in the 80's. :( "Put you hands on you hips".
  9. Troubleshooter: This song doesn't really do much for me.
  10. On the Run: When I first heard this song I was like "Fuck! this might be a good album". This is one pretty sick song. I know it has the same song title as the 4th, 3rd on the CD, track off Dark Side, but it's not the same song. There are actually words. This song rocks. And it definitely made me really want to hear this whole album. I was wrong.
Overall I have to give this a 6/10. I really don't know what to say. This album is good, but I don't think it's mind blowing. Some of the song titles on this are cool, some are lame. I don't really know, you might like this more than I did, but I still though it was ok. I know I said this album was kind of soft, but that doesn't mean I don't think it's ok. I wish it were heavier. I don't really know if I'll be coming back to this album. You can tell they were going for a more radio friendly production on this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment