Thursday, October 30, 2014

MellowHigh

This is the debut release by MellowHigh. All but the 12th track were produced by Left Brain, the other was be Hodgy. I've already heard the album, and I didn't care much for it, but I figured I needed a review and this is a qucik one to do you know.
  1. Goon'n: The beginning of this song vaguely reminded me of Echoes by Pink Floyd. Then when the song actually starts it sounds more like kind of cheesy electronic music from the late 90's or early 2000's. I mean it's ok, it doesn't sound like anything I couldn't find in other places.
  2. Air: This sounds, instrumentally, an interlude from the Kardashians. Actually if this was less agressive, or less on this could be a Lil B instrumental. I've heard this album twice and I have to say this might be my favorite song
  3. YU: This is anothe just Ok song, I mean there isn't really much to say in my opinion about his.
  4. Extinguisher: I do enjoy the Arnold references, and think they have a solid flow through the song. Also this song is kind of long, I wish it was a minute or so shorter.
  5. Nobody: ......... Well this is the first time that I can say I don't like, at all, the chorus of the song.
  6. Self Titled: ......
  7. Troublesome: uh
  8. Get'n Drunk: I hope this track gets pretty deep for me.
  9. Roofless:The opening line is how I'm feeling about this album at this point.
  10. HighLife: This track features two rappers, Curren$y and Smoke DZA. This sounds like they sampled
  11. Cold World: This track features Remy Banks and Earl. I've never heard of the former.
  12. Cigarillo: Cigaro cigaro cigarooooooo
  13. Remix: This track features Tyler. Maybe Tyler can help me like this song, you know just to get through that album.
Overall I have to give this album a 4/10. It starts out pretty good, but as it goes it starts to drag and I loose intrest. I'm not saying they are bad, but the best released by miles I've heard so far are Wolf, Bastard and Earl. Maybe there should have been more features to keep my mind off these repetitiveness of the flows and what not.

No comments:

Post a Comment