Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Voice of Frank Sinatra

This is the debut album by the famous singer Frank Sinatra. I have some songs that I've written for a singer who sings songs like this, so why not review this album. I know that I've never had an urge to listen to him, really for the most part, but since I can't download the new Taylor Swift album. That is another intensive. I do know that I enjoy some of Nancy's discography.
  1. You Go To My Head: This song is surprisingly not boring me. This sounds like a song that would be in a classic 50's movie. You know, black and white. Or in a Disney cartoon, but from the 30's or 40's or 50's, maybe even the 60's.
  2. Someone Watch Over Me: So far this isn't that bad of an album. I'm used to being bored by this type of music. But honestly, this is kind of peaceful. I like the orchestration in it and I think that this could be in a movie. This is a pretty cool song.
  3. These Foolish Things (Reminds Me Of You): I enjoy writing songs like this. It's fun to kind of just write a song and have it be for someone, so to say. Infact, I actually fake sing like him. I don't record or use it for anything, but I go around and sometimes do "demos" of the songs. That was off topic, but this is a relaxing album.
  4. Why Shouldn't I?: To be completely honest, this is the album that I needed, these songs have all been pretty sick. Not in an intense way, but in a smooth way.
  5. I Don't Know Why (I Just Do): I think this song is basically the same as the last.
  6. Try A Little Tenderness: This is a pretty calm song too. This album has been very consistent.
  7. (I Don't Stand) A Ghost Of A Chance: This, I don't know why, but it's my favorite song. Either this of the first song.
  8. Paradise: This song starts out with horns. I like the name and how this is the last song on the album.
Overall I have to give this a 6/10. I didn't hate it, I actually enjoyed myself. I hope to get a vinyl '78 copy of this. This album pretty much songs the same to me. That's why I don't LOVE it. But I did enjoy it. I think I might listen to this again for kind of a direction for those Sinatra-esque songs I have. I didn't really get anything out of this, beside a kind of "base" as mentioned before. And I am also gonna listen to this guy some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment