Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Red - Taylor Swift

This is the 4th album by country singer songwritter Taylor Swift. On this album I wasn't sure what to expect. I didn't think much of the We Are Never Getting Back Together single. I actually kind of didn't like it at all. I was nervous to see if the album would be this way. So I am now, today, listening to it for the first time in it's whole. I might listen to it more than once, but I am not sure yet. I have to hear it first. One thing I noticed is that a shit load of people produced for this album. The last album Speak Now only had Swift and Nathan Chapman. On This one there are a total of 9 people credited, one being an executive producer, as producers for this album. And some of the producers have really only produced pop shit. I don't have a good feeling about this, but I'll tough it out... I hope. I do like how her style has changed, as in appearance. I think she looks better with straight hair and not dresses and a ton of make up. I actually think girls look better like the way she does now than almost any other way.
  1. State of Grace: This song starts out pretty promising. I actually think that this is a pretty cool song. It reminds me of The Cure. I know I compare things to that band, but I remember hearing Just Like Heaven a ton while in the car with my Dad. This the backing vocals during the chorus remind me of Eisley. I like the bass sound in the song. I also like how this isn't so country? This song also reminds me a lot of the 2005 Paramore album All We Know Is Falling. That's not my favorite Paramore album, but I still think it's a decent album.
  2. Red: This song starts out, before she starts singing, with what reminds me of '90s music. This song is kind of like a part 2 of the last song. There isn't much of a difference. Her voice is kinda dubbed weird. By that I mean it kind of sounds like its a loop, but a short thing looped. Either that or Auto-tuned. But overall I still like this song.
  3. Treacherous: This song reminds me if the last album. To be honest, this is doing well thus far.This also reminds me of 2009's Misguided Ghosts by Paramore. The "do do do, do do do" reminds me of a song I can't quite think of. This is probably my favorite song on the album thus far.
  4. I Knew You Were Trouble.: When I first heard the intro I was afraid. I heard that's he had dubstep on this album, an well the way the song was it could. It wasn't a stretch for it to be there. I don't think that the drop is Skrillex but it isn't bad. I kind is f like the song. The more I hear it the more it grows on me.
  5. All Too Well: This song kind of reminds me of the last album also. I like the fact that she kept some of the stuff that was on her last album. Also that she isn't all out Fearless on this. I don't know why, but this reminds me of her county friends that are popular, but I think this song. Have you ever heard the song Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue by Toby Keith. I don't care for that song, but it reminds me of it. I also kind of hear a little synth in the background.
  6. 22: All I'm gonna say is this sing is a load if bullshit. I really can't support it are compliment it that much. The beginning of the song...... This is like a Katy Perry's Taylor Swift. I kind of respect that she had a song Fifteen and now 22. But I know how to count.
  7. I Almost Do: This song reminds me of like a solo version of the song I Wish by Eisley. Especially at the chorus of the song. Like when it going "Ooooow, Oooooww."
  8. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together: This song is an ok song, if it was acoustic. Like if she did it alone with her vocals and an acoustic performance of the song.
  9. Stay Stay Stay: This reminds me of the CVS commercials. I like this song though. It's a pretty cool song. I think she uses a ukulele. I really like the way the bass sounds.
  10. The Last Time: This song apparently features Gary Lightbody of Snowpatrol. I have no idea who that is, but I do know that there is a Stones song called The Last Time
  11. Holy Ground: This is an ok song. I didn't really think much of it.
  12. Sad Beautiful Tragic: This song sounded in the beginning like Linkin Park's song Powerless. Like the first 3 seconds with that open, before the instruments. This is another Ok song. 
  13. The Lucky One: This another OK song. I think they are being a little too consistent.
  14. Everything Has Changed: This track features Ed Sheeran. I don't know who he is, but I've heard of him before. I guess it says he co-wrote this with Taylor. I think that this is another Ok song. It is kind of starting to kill the album for me.
  15. Starlight: This song kind of makes me wonder if there is gonna be any dubstep. I like how its set up lik its gonna drop but kind of changes up a little. I'm note huge on this, but its a little different from the last few songs.
  16. Begin Again: This song is a decent ending to the album. I actually like this. I'm suprised, but for some reason I feel like this might become a favorite of mine.
Overall I have to give this a 7/10. This was a lot better than I expected. I planned on not liking this at all. The reason was because of the more commercial shit. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together is a good song. But the album version kind of sucks. If she did a pure acoustic version that'd be awesome. This album sounded like a country-esque Paramore, for at least a lot of the songs. I plan on getting this CD. No matter what I was gonna buy this Cd, but yeah. I think some of the songs dragged on a little. I also am gonna listen to the deluxe tracks, but not now. I'll give a short sentence or two about them after I hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment