Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Waves & The Both of Us - Charlotte Sometimes

This is the debut full length album, following the self titled EP released earlier that year, by New Jersey raised Charlotte Sometimes. One of her artists that sound similar to her is Dia Frampton. Well That's what I've listened to. But I love that she was on season 2 of The Voice and was eliminated at the first live round.
  1. Loosing Sleep: This song starts out with a type of pop song that I kind of remember being on the radio around 2008. I don't really care much for it though.
  2. How I Could Just Kill A Man: This song is another songs that I could see being on the radio at that time. I don't care much for this song either.
  3. Waves And The Both Of Us: This song actually kind of, in a odd enough way, reminds me of Rihanna's voice a little at parts in the song.
  4. Sweet Valium High: I don't understand why she had the word Fuck in her song. There was no need for it at all. It bugs me when people swear for appearance. To make themselves look cool, or not as much of a sweet girl or a lame guy, they drop the f bomb in songs.
  5. Ex Girlfriend Syndrome: This song was kind of another lost cause with me. I didn't find this song interesting.
  6. AEIOU: ......... Actually this song kind of reminds me of Kelly Clarkson.
  7. Toy Soldier: After taking a break to eat in the middle of this album, this song isn't as bad as I though it'd be. I'm still not huge on it, but I don't love this. I might listen to this song again.
  8. This Is Only For Now: This song sounds like the backing music is kind of skipping until the other sounds join in with the guitar.
  9. In Your Apartment: This song is kind of pretty in the beginning. It sounds like she borrowed parts of the songs Children of the Damned off Iron Maiden's 1982 classic Number of the Beast, and some Ennio Morricone song that would be used in on of the Clint Eastwood movies. But only in the beginning of the song.
  10. Army Men: I am excited that this is coming to an end. But this song isn't terrible.
  11. Build The Moon: This song kind of reminds me a little of a less good version of jar of hearts.
  12. Pilot:..........
Overall I have to give this a 3/10. I didn't care for this at all. I gave it a try and I didn't think that it was for me. But I do have to say that I could see, if she makes music that is current right now, her being on the radio. Theses songs reminds me of 2008 radio songs and songs that would be on Disney Channel. Both of which I don't care for. I realized this album was a lost cause by track 2. If you don't like the first track, you probably won't like anyother song. Honestly, I was waiting for this album to end so I cold finish up the channel ORANGE review. Who knows maybe I'll return to this album.

No comments:

Post a Comment