Monday, February 6, 2012

Born to Die - Lana Del Rey


The reason I decided to check out this album is because I heard about it on the Rock It Out Blog! on YouTube. Now he didn't promote it, he just brought it up. So I decided to check it out. The album cover grabbed my attention. So I started listening to it during the super bowl. This is the first time I've ever heard anything by her so cut me slack if I can't compare this to her first album.
  1. Born to Die: I like this song because it is kind of like easy to listen to. It reminds me of a song that I would one day like to write. Not sing, but to write. It kinda reminds me of St. Vincent.
  2. Off To The Races: This sound like another Rhianna/Amy Whinehouse song. This is probably going to be the song on the radio, but that's just my guess. I can picture this song playing on the bus during summer school. The bus wasn't that fun because I usually had no one to talk to but, It was also somewhat nice... kinda, and my Ipod broke before summer, so I had no music to listen to. The ending is good though
  3. Blue Jeans: This is another song that reminds me of St. Vincent. Particularly the song Strange Mercy off her new album of the same name that came out last fall. Her voice also somewhat reminds me of Christina Aguilera, like at the chorus.
  4. Video Games: This is yet another song that reminds me of St. Vincent. But more of her second album Actor. The song is pretty and her voice is pretty to. The drums I feel add to the orchestrations.
  5. Diet Mountain Dew: When I first saw that this was the song titled Diet Mountain Dew, my sense of humour made me think of it being about killing sperm.... What ever I just thought I should share that cuz it's a weird fact. For some reason when I was listening to this if was "sweeping" and said that if they did these slow it'd sound pretty cool. This seems like a, pardon my french, french song. I picture this being a modern version of 40s songs.
  6. National Anthem: This song reminded me of the beginning of Paradise by Coldplay. You know the one that came out last October. This song is kinda neat. The refrain reminds me of Flight of the Conchords. But I really, very much, like this song.
  7. Dark Paradise: This reminds me of the song Paradise by Coldplay. Even though I could see this being a 'remake' of that song I still like it.
  8. Radio: I like this song a lot.
  9. Carmen: This is a love song? I don't know but I still think it's a pretty sad song.
  10. Million Dollar Man: This song reminds me of an Eisley song off Ep2
  11. Summer Sadness: The songs begin to sound to much like the same at the end
  12. This Is What Makes Us Girls: I like these songs but they sound a lot alike
Over all I give this album a 4/10. I think I liked it a lot more then I thought I would. I don't think its amazing but I still think it's really good. I think this album reminds me of a, this is the only way I know how to say this this way so yeah, ''Sexy'' and ''French''. But this album also very much reminds me of Coldplay's Mylo Xyloto with a female singer. One thing that is both good and bad is that the album sounds relatively the same on all the tracks. This is definatly an album that I want to listen to again in the future, but not the whole thing

No comments:

Post a Comment