Thursday, March 22, 2012

Martina Matwiejczuk-Extended Play


OK heres the problem. My keypad on my computer stopped working. So I have to do this from my iTouch. So I apologies for that and hopefully ill do the The Beatles and Frank Zappa tomorrow. Now on to the reason I am reviewing this Ep. This is an artist that I found out about via FrostClick. I know someone who has the last name Matwiejczuk from school, so I decided to see if that was some type of relation to her. Well there is no relation and I decided to check into this Ep. And the girl looks attractive so I was pretty excited to listen to this. So I don't really know what to expect going into this.
  1. Give Me A Reason: This gives me this '90s electronic feel to it. It kind of reminds me of the music I used to hear when I was like 5, in like 2000. I think that her voice is pretty cool. This then goes into an electronic beat that reminds me of '90s hip-hop. This would be a good song to have on a work out mixtape. I could see this being a song by No Way Josie
  2. . Probably not my best review
  3. Kilimanjaro: This name makes me think of Africa. This has an African style beat to it. At least that is what it reminds me of. This song is actually pretty good once it sinks in. {7/10}
  4. At Night: This song has a dub step beat in the beginning. This song reminds me of Lady Gaga. The way she sings is like her. This has autotune on it. It also reminds me of ET by Katy Scary. Her voice also kind of reminds me of The Weeknd. That is actually kind of funny, but not. This is a really cool song {8/10}
  5. Searcher: I'm not as big on this song as I am on all the other songs. I don't really know for sure why I think that way. But it's probably because I think that it is... I don't exactly know? But I don't hate it {7/10}
  6. Black is White: This song is probably my least favorite. I don't like this one much. I also don't really like how she sings this either.
Over all this Ep gets an 7.8/10. I didn't really have any certain expectation on this album. I wanted it to be good, but I didn't really think that it would be that amazing. This is like a not as good verison of No Way Josie! but without dub step. After listening to this and contemplating it, I think that this could grow on me. But for now I have to stay with the review I have given it.

No comments:

Post a Comment