Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Dark Side of the Moon - The 8-bit Album

What better way to celebrate the one year shy of 40th anniversary of on of the greatest albums, and one of my most influential albums I've ever heard on me, that to upload and review the 8-bit version that I downloaded and the original 1973 Pink Floyd version of the album. I'm doing this review first and then I'm uploading the original after I get home from school at about between the time of 3:30pm-5:00pm. This bitch is going up at midnight. Now I have been willing to listen to this album because I don't have anything to do today so I'll try to pump as many album reviews as I can today for this next week. This weekend is gonna be separate, mainly because my friend Justin Stockton's birthday is March 2nd and I'll review So Far, So Good... So What for his birthday, which is my favorite Megadeth album. Now I don't know much about 8-bit songs, except for that they usually sound like Mario or Pokemon. So I'm playing this by ear and memories of the original 1973 Pink Floyd version. I'm also saving all my supre descriptive stuff for the actually original version review that's going up later. Sorry change of plan The original Pink Floyd version is going up the 8th, one week later, inorder to save room for a more meainigful album to me Eisley's The Valley.
  1. Speak to Me/Breathe by bit_rat: The beginning of this song sounds like a copying machine, until the music comes in. The sound of this song works with this program and it sounds pretty good. I like how most all the instruments sound like real. And I think the vocals sound reminds me of something you'd hear on Pokemon video games for Gameboy.
  2. On The Run by EvilWevil: This is probably on of the best songs for them to do this 8-bit version for because this song is primarily synthesizers.
  3. Time by khades: This song is ok. I'm not a huge fan of this version of the song, at first. But it does get better after it starts playing the vocal parts
  4. The Great Gig in the Sky by Rabato: Bitches step aside for one of my favs. The one thing is that this didn't live up to my expectation of the song.
  5. Money by sergeeo: This song also didn't reach what I wanted but it was fun. Pretty danceable mix of the song.
  6. Us and Them by Videogame Orchestra: This song is always a good one and this version isn't an exception. 
  7. Any Colour You Like by Jason Vincion: This is ok. can't complain
  8. Brain Damage by echosignal: This is a fun easy listening version of the song.
  9. Eclipse by Brad Smith and Temp Sound Solutions: I really like this version. I don't know what it is about it I just really like this version of the song for some reason or other. It is just.... I don't know. It just gets me excited to review the original.
Over all I give this a 6.8/10. I don't know much about 8-bit music except for that fact that I'd love to review it again. This was fun listening to such an iconic piece of history, or the world and also myself, with a new take. I really enjoyed it and am going to look for more 8-bit versions of albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment