Monday, March 5, 2012

No Way Josie! EP - No Way Josie!

This is a FrostClick band that I downloaded because I thought the chick reminded me of someone who goes to my school. Now I'm no fan of Electropop or Dance music but I strongly dislike Dub step. I am super under qualified to review music, let alone Electronic music. This vibe that I get from looking at them is one of they look like they are from the 80's or they are hipsters.
  1. Frostwire Intro: This track is self explanatory. Just them talking for 19 seconds.
  2. Want It Back: This song has a catchy beat to it. I could see this being a popular song if they had a chance for more light on them. I like this song, but I don't love it. That part that hurts this song for me is the dub step parts of the song. Beside the crub step parts this song is decent and I'd give it a {7.5}
  3. Around The World: Ha this isn't a Daft Punk cover.... I thought it was funny. This song is also pretty decent except for the crub step parts in it. This has a beat of a song I could see them playing at summer school bus.
  4. Let Me Show U: This and the track before flowed into each other. I like the beat on this one because it sounds like it is underwater. I think this song is catchy and I would give it a {8}
  5. Nothing to Spare: This song is also pretty good. I like this one a lot to. It has a nice vibe to it.
  6. Around The World (Cosmo Luxxx Arena Edit): This song starts out with hand claps. This reminds me very much of a new reggae/dub step/darker version of Sweet Dreams. This is good, except for the crub step, which is very prevalent in this song. I really like the very ending like that thing that ends the track.
  7. Nothing to Spare (Wintry Mix Dub): I feared the name of this track because it has dub in the name and they already incorporated dub step into this Ep. And yes here it is. But it isn't so dub step as I though... for most of the track.
Overall the vibe of the Ep I give it a 7.6/10. I'm not a huge fan of this music but there are some decent tracks on this. If not for the crub step on this then it would of gotten higher ranking on it. I liked it a lot more than I expected I would. This does though go to show that you can't judge a book by its cover. This also reminds me of some of the music I remember listening, not by choice just overhearing, when I was like 4, 5 or 6... so 1998/1999/2000, something like that. I can defiantly see myself returning to this Ep.

No comments:

Post a Comment